Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day 64 (Thursday): Loving this Amazing Weather!

New York is having the most wonderful SPRING this year ... just like the ones I remember as a kid, when we had to wear a jacket -- mucho sunny days and new life budding everywhere. It feels to me as if it coincides with where my life seems to be heading. I feel healthier in mind, soul and body than I have in years and I'm excited about what the future holds. All in all, I'm in a terrific "place" -- as they say.

I ended up running late to work this morning (due to an accident on six-lane Route 9, so all the traffic was diverted onto a narrow two-lane road that runs through about five Hudson River towns on the way to the train station).

Since I was a half hour late to work, I ended up grabbing a buttered roll on the run. During the morning, I had a banana and a small grapefruit. For lunch I had a large, mostly-raw salad with an olive oil vinaigrette for dressing. For a mid-afternoon snack, I had a chocolate coconut Larabar (a 100% raw fruit & nut bar).

Tonight I'll head downtown and get some raw food takeout from Pure Food & Wine. They have a "zebra lasagne" made of zucchini, fresh tomatoes, pesto and 'cheese' (made from ground seeds and nuts) assembled in several layers with fresh basil on top. It is a great tasting and filling meal all on its own. I'm going to try making it myself tomorrow night to bring to a barbeque I'm invited to on Saturday. (I won't tell anyone it's "raw food" ... I'll just call it "zebra lasagne" and see if it's a hit.) :-)

PS: Check out Daryl Hannah's Show on "Live Food" (click on last photo on the strip to the right); Also click on my man, Russ Feingold, who's doing his best to end this disgusting war. Please join him ... let your voice be heard. Adding your name to the petition will take 2 minutes.

No comments: