Thursday, May 1, 2008

Smoothin' Along and Gettin' Juicy

Today I'm exhausted! I've been having a hard time keeping awake at my desk ... as I made the mistake of staying up until about 2:00 a.m. this morning. The green smoothies continue to be my main staple each day -- I sip one in the morning through to about 1:30 p.m. -- and I'm glad as today I NEED the added energy! Then I've been having a big salad for lunch, sometimes including grilled veggies, and then "playing it by ear" for dinner (sometimes having hardly anything -- those smoothies and salads are actually quite filling -- and sometimes having another large salad or grilled veggies or some protein like tuna).

Today I thought I'd post a link to a juicing video by none other than Karen Knowler. I've got a new Greenstar Juicer that I've not used yet because I'm attached to my easy-to-clean Breville, and I haven't had a full-on kitchen of my own with the space to accommodate the Greenstar. Once I settle into my new apartment (yet to be found -- but I've got it in my mind's eye), I'll be able to keep the Greenstar out on the counter. The Greenstar is like the Champion that Karen uses in the video. So for all you adventurous souls out there who want to try juicing (LOL 'cause I think this blog has a readership of one -- me!), here is a simple "how to"! (Celery, cucumber and apple is one of my favorite juices. Anything with cucumber in it I love.)

Juice on ... till next time.




Interesting Info: Big Brother Messing with Our Food Again

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

Boohyah for green smoothies. I think I'll go make one with celery, cucumber and goji berries :)

Cheers!