Thursday, June 7, 2007

Days 77 & 78 (Wednesday & Thursday): Sleep, Water, Exercise ... and Bionic Burgers!

Yesterday and today were just "okay" days. Nothing ultra healthy ... and nothing ultra yucky. I'm really seeing that the more I eat living food, the less I want processed foods AND the opposite is true as well: The more I eat any processed foods, the less I eat living foods. :-( In this overall "getting healthy again" mode that I'm presently in, I'm realizing there are other things besides just eating healthier food that I need to do faithfully to have the results I want.

Things like sleeping longer ... drinking more water each day ... and getting enough physical exercise.

What has struck me in the last couple of days is this: It took several years for me to MENTALLY get to the place where I realized I was worth treating myself better emotionally. And so my thinking about myself drastically changed. (I stopped the "beating-myself-up" tapes within my mind.) Now I'm in the place of learning to love my PHYSICAL body the same way I've learned to love the inner me, and I'm finding the challenge difficult. The changes are not happening as quickly as I'd like. They're happening, but at a snail's pace, it seems! So it's time to see what I can do differently.

Just as I took the initiative to THINK differently about myself to overcome years of holding a poisoned self-image (based on lies), now I need to love my physical body the same way. And love takes action. Those actions go beyond just eating better! They include things like sleep, hydration, and exercise. It's not easy changing on several fronts simultaneously, but little by little it's happening. My habits in those three areas so far have been only sporadic (cause I've been more focused on the FOOD)... some days diligent, some days laxadasical (walking, but not every day, going to bed way too late, forgetting to drink water to the point I get parched) -- all of which don't help me get in the shape I want to be in again!

As I've recently been reminded by something I read -- all three of these areas contribute greatly to one's body chemistry getting rebalanced and glands, etc., functioning correctly (like thyroid) and proper functioning of the pancreas, liver and kidneys. Sleep, exercise and water are so important, that if they're neglected, they can really impede one's overall health.

So for the next week, I've set some goals in these areas:

1. Bed by 10:00 p.m. - Getting 8 hours sleep rather than 5-1/2 or 6!

2. Awake by 6:00, out the door walking or biking for 30-45 minutes.

3. Home from work by 7:30 p.m., out the door walking or biking for 30-45 minutes.

4. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water each day

I want to become RELIGOUS about this. I was religious for a LOT of years. Now let's see if I still have it in me. I'll report back next Friday as to how it went. Getting my bod to catch up with my mind ISN'T easy! But it's going to be worth it.

And now to the "video of the day" ... which points up the scary truth about LIVING food vs. dead stuff. Check it out below.

  • The Burger Museum!


  • It flows along with my theory that Americans are being conditioned more and more to like poisoned foods (i.e., genetically modified, chemically "enhanced" to retain "freshness," blah, blah, blah), and then when they are eaten, they have no idea just how insidious and far-reaching is the damage the foods are doing to the cells of their bodies.

    The bottom line is that the food has ceased to BE food. (There are well over 30 chemicals that McDonalds adds to its meat. It's why it doesn't break down and rot, even after years of sitting out, just exposed to normal temperatures.) What that kind of "food" does to the chemistry within our bodies can only be bad news. I've got a thyroid on the mend as a result of eating years of "American" food.

    No comments: