Monday, April 16, 2007

Days 25 and 26: Plugging Along

Day 25 (Sunday): Had a terrific day -- ate mango pudding (just frozen mango blended together with a couple of majool dates and water) for breakfast and lunch. For dinner I made my very own version of "raw" mushroom soup. It could use a bit of "tweaking" ... but my friend, Jami, said it was delicious. I modified a menu I found in one of my raw cookbooks. Instead of miso I put in Bragg's amino acids; instead of olive oil, I put in about five cashews. I blended with about 3/4 cup of water the following: Approx. 1-1/2 cups portebello and regular mushrooms, 1/8 of a red pepper, 1/8 of a yellow pepper, 6 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked for a couple of hours before), 2 celery ribs, 3 carrots, 1/4 cup cilantro, 5 cashews and approx. 2 tbls. Braggs. I "garnished" it with a spray of fresh sprouts and a couple of cashews. It looked gourmet. Well almost. The brown color kinda made it look like lentil soup ... but it was very tasty, and I'm proud of myself.

Day 26 (Monday): Today was an okay sort of day. I've started to miss what my brain tells me is "real" food (you know, things like roasted meats, veggies, breads, cheeses, etc.) ... so I gave myself some of those things today (just some) ... no meat or bread, tho. I had a little feta cheese on my salad, some cooked artichokes and chick peas. Also had about a 1/4 cup pasta salad as well. Still didn't finish it though -- it was too large. That is what I love most about eating this way. One needs a lot less food to feel satisfied.

Been kinda bluesy again ... it would be cool to be doing this with someone else, I've thought. We could commiserate and spur each other on. As it is, though, I'm doing A-okay on my own.

The weekend saw one huge heavy, heavy rain storm here in the Northeast ... our brook in the backyard looked like a small river, and two roads were closed, I discovered, as I tried to get to the train station this morning. And it was brrrrrr COLD! Spring is reluctantly coming I hear, even tho being dragged in kicking and screaming. I'll be thrilled when I can sun on the deck ... listening to a splash of waterfall that rushes over stones not too far away. To smell a freshly-mowed lawn would be divine. Ahhh.... Spring, come in earnest!

No comments: